The Department of Culture serves as a focal point for the preservation and development of the culture and traditions of the Virgin Islands.
Our primary responsibility is the preservation of our cultural heritage in accordance with the legislative dictates and the Cabinet to provide services in the most efficient manner.
In pursuing our objectives, the Department of Culture:
- Serves as the Government’s focal point for policy and coordination of cultural matters;
- Manages the Territory’s cultural activities;
- Manages the Festivals and Fairs;
- Manages the Performing and Creative Arts in the Education System; and
Ensures that the Cultural Heritage of the Virgin Islands is secured and protected.
Our vision is a Virgin Islands where all Virgin Islanders feel a sense of belonging and pride, and actively participate in cultural activities that reflect their heritage and enrich their lives.
Our mission is to ensure the protection, preservation and enhancement of our culture for future generations.
- Commitment to restoring National Pride
- A belief in the importance of our traditions and the need to preserve them
- Commitment to the documentation and exhibition of Virgin Islands culture
- Commitment to celebrating the Emancipation Festivals in a historical, respectful and cultural manner
- A belief that the cultural product of the Virgin Islands has economic value
Department Contact Information
Ministry of Education and Culture
P.O. Box 72 Wickham’s Cay 1
Virgin Islands (British) VG1110
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone: 1(284) 468-4379
Fax: 1(284) 468-3343